Posted on June 22, 2016
Did you know that we not only provide turf services, but we also install playgrounds!? We recently were at Green River Park in Greenfield, MA for a playground installation. Check out the photos of the Turf Prep team making it happen for the kids!
Posted on June 2, 2016
Posted on April 28, 2016
Recently, the Turf Prep team was in Reading, MA for routine turf maintenance at all three of the athletic fields. While there, we found a few hazards that were quickly addressed by Turf Prep’s technicians.
Posted on March 28, 2016
Recently, the Turf Prep team was at Gold’s Gym in South Boston, MA. View before and after photos of the recycled turf installation!
If you are interested in our recycled turf installation services, contact Turf Prep at 1-877-774-TURF or by filling out our contact form!
Posted on March 10, 2016
The Turf Prep team was recently at the Lynnfield, MA High School. We updated the football field with line painting and some Gmax testing. The field not only looks good, but is now safely ready to be played on!
Contact Turf Prep at 1-877-774-TURF to ensure your athletic field is looking good and safe for your players to be on!
Posted on February 24, 2016
For years, synthetic turf has been replacing athletic fields with real grass for outdoor sports like lacrosse or football. Now, sports that take place indoors are starting to install synthetic turf to protect players from injury. Indoor synthetic turfs are being used for athletic training, soccer, batting cages and more.
Unlike synthetic turf used for outdoor residential or commercial projects, indoor turf doesn’t need to be drained. Because of the extra cushion, synthetic turf is an extra precaution in preventing injuries to players.
Posted on January 14, 2016
One of the main benefits of an artificial grass lawn is that the maintenance requirements are much lower than that of a natural lawn. While this is true, artificial grass lawns still require routine maintenance and cleaning. Below, you’ll find a guide for weekly and monthly maintenance requirements and removing any pet odors or waste.
- For weekly artificial grass maintenance, we recommend removing any rocks, twigs or other items and then rinsing off the area. By rinsing the area, you’ll remove any dust or twigs you missed within the artificial grass.
- Depending on the foot traffic, Turf Prep recommends thoroughly cleaning the lawn every month. As you clean your lawn, you’ll want to use a plastic, flexible rake and a synthetic broom so you don’t damage the surface.
- Artificial grass can stand up to the running and playing of your pet exceptionally well. Since dog paws won’t damage the grass blades, there are no negative effects of your pet running around on it. If you find that the blades have gone down a bit, you can fix this by moving the grass back with a stiff brush. When it comes to cleaning up your pet’s waste, it’s not that much different than if you were to remove it from a traditional lawn.
- Much like with a traditional lawn, cleaning up animal waste is the same for an artificial lawn. You’re still able to remove any waste with a pooper scooper or trash bag. Once you’ve removed the waste, use a disinfectant spray or rinse off the area with your hose.
The most effective way to maintain your artificial grass lawn is through a professional like Turf Prep. Contact us at 781-640-0055 or by filling out our contact form to learn more about maintaining your turf lawn.
Posted on January 12, 2016
Not sure if your sports field needs maintenance? Contact Turf Prep at 781-640-0055 to schedule an evaluation with our team!
Posted on December 14, 2015
As many pet owners know, especially dog owners, our pets need to go outside daily for exercise and fresh air. When it’s nice out, this isn’t an issue, but come the rainy and snowy weather, this can become a messy problem! After installing artificial grass, homeowners can consider messy paws and other common dilemmas, from our four legged pals, a thing of the past!
Below, you’ll find the advantages of Turf Prep’s artificial grass over natural grass:
- Decreases digging by pets
- Remains green all year long
- Offers a safe, mud-free area to play in
- Low maintenance
- Removes the need for harmful fertilizers and pesticides
More and more, pet owners are learning about the advantages of artificial grass and installing for their New England homes. If you are interested in learning more about our grass installation services, contact Turf Prep at 781-640-0055 or by filling out our contact form.