Posted on March 6, 2018
With warm, spring weather and a new athletic season on the horizon, the time has come to begin your seasonal turf maintenance program. After a long and unpredictable winter, it is important to make sure you perform each safety check and make sure you are ready for players to take the field again.
A standard turf maintenance visit will be comprehensive, checking each aspect of your field to ensure it is performing at its highest level. The surface hardness level will be one of the first things tested to make sure it meets industry standards. With the risk of concussions on the rise in contact sports, keeping the turf soft and checking the shock absorption level will keep your athletes at a lower risk for injury. Performing regular GMax Testing will allow you to monitor the performance of the shock pads.
Debris affects play and can also provide additional risks to athletes running on the field. Divots left from standing goal posts and heavy snow can lead to tripping risks, especially during games. A routine maintenance check and rubber infill migration will be able to restore the flat surface to keep players safe.
Lifespan of the field
Synthetic turf is an investment that can last for years to come. Testing your field’s functionality and performing necessary maintenance will ensure that you will be able to use your field for athletics and events for the intended lifespan without issue.
Synthetic Turf Maintenance in Woburn, Boston & Burlington
If you are interested in signing up for a comprehensive maintenance plan for your synthetic turf, contact Turf Prep today! Our maintenance plans include six visits to your facility to perform ten-point inspections, necessary paint touchups and safety testing. The team at Turf Prep performs maintenance of synthetic grass across New England. For a free estimate on installing turf, call Turf Prep at 1-877-774-8873 or reach us by filling out our online form.
Posted on May 16, 2017
Posted on May 8, 2017
Unlike real grass, the synthetic grass that Turf Prep installs needs no expensive fertilizers, pesticides or the need to be watered. With that being said, the lack of water can save millions of gallons of water from being used each year. Because synthetic turf requires low to no maintenance, it eliminates the need for pollution producing equipment. Typically, infill is created with mostly rubber which results in millions of tires being kept out of landfills each year.
When the synthetic turf is taken up, Turf Prep removes and cleans the infill and then prepares it to be installed in future athletic fields, lawns, etc. Our expert installers are dedicated to providing beautiful and realistic synthetic turf surfaces for our clients in Boston and surrounding areas. Turf Prep has been recycling and reusing infill for athletic fields and lawns across the state for years. If you are interested in transforming your yard, golf course or field, contact us today! We can reached by calling 1-877-774-TURF or by filling out our online form.
Posted on April 25, 2017
One of the most beneficial things about synthetic turf is that it needs little to no maintenance! Pet owners especially love it because there’s no need to worry about their dogs bringing in any mud or dirt. Turf Prep has outlined a few other unique features of synthetic grass for those who are considering it!
- With spring here and all of the snow melted, most Boston residents are concerned about the water puddling or pooling. There’s no concern of pooling with synthetic grass because water will roll off the turf very easily.
- April is known for an increase in rain, which can actually benefit your synthetic grass lawn. When it rains, it actually washes the turf, which can result in it looking new. For those experiencing a lack of rain, use a hose to wash down turf instead.
- When there is a significant amount of rain or if someone has been laying for a long period of time, your synthetic turf can flatten. To ensure the infill doesn’t get compacted, brush the turf up so it stands up on its own once the rain stops. When you brush the turf up right away, you can prevent it from getting matted down.
- For any yards that still have snow on it, you can let it melt without having to worry about any damage. If you’re impatient, you can remove unwanted snow with a shovel or sweep it away.
When it comes to synthetic turf, there are so many benefits, for both residential and commercial property owners! If you are interested in learning more about synthetic turf or would like an installation quote, contact Turf Prep today! We can be reached by calling 1-877-774-8873 or by filling out our online form.
Posted on March 14, 2017
With Spring weather around the corner, it’s almost time to hit the courts for a game of tennis! But because of all the snow New England has seen this winter, the tennis courts might not be open just yet. You have two options: find somewhere else to play or don’t play at all.
With a synthetic tennis court, you have more flexibility when it comes to playing. These durable courts are able to withstand against various weather conditions and offer plenty of benefits!
- Our synthetic turf offers both lateral and vertical shock-absorbing tiles. This helps to decrease fatigue and offers a bit of bounce that improves your turning and jumping safety. Long term, this will help with stress on your joints and any other pain.
- As most New England residents know, our weather is constantly changing. It can be sunny and 60º one day and the next, we’re in the middle of a snow storm. Because of these changes, tennis courts can see higher levels of damage, resulting in cracks and the need to be resurfaced often. With a synthetic court, they’re able to handle strong weather conditions and don’t require much maintenance.
- Most tennis courts only come in one layout and color. With Turf Prep, you’re able to customize your court to your liking. Keep it the traditional green or add a personal logo with our services!
Get started on your customized synthetic tennis court by contacting the experts at Turf Prep. To learn more about our turf installation services, call us at 1-877-774-TURF or fill out our online form.
Posted on February 15, 2017
There are various benefits to indoor athletic fields; keeping the audience comfortable with climate control, the fields can be used for more than one sport and the games can continue, whether it’s raining or not. While it’s not impossible, keeping your turf healthy can sometimes be difficult. This is why many indoor sports arenas choose synthetic grass. Here are some of the many benefits of choosing synthetic grass for your indoor athletic field.
- The maintenance of real grass can feel never-ending. There is always some sort of landscaping service that needs to be performed. Artificial grass is a much more manageable option and can virtually be installed anywhere.
- Artificial turf is a lot more tough and durable that actual grass and other indoor field materials that are normally used.
- Because it offers more friction that live grass, synthetic turf makes for a more safe playing field and an increase in slip resistance.
These are only a handful of benefits that synthetic grass can provide for your indoor athletic field! For New England sports arenas looking to get a leg up on competition, contact the experts at Turf Prep for more information on installation and maintenance. We can be reached by filling out our online form or by calling us at 1-877-774-TURF.
Posted on January 10, 2017
Once spring rolls around, along with various sports beginning, so will the rainy season. As most coaches know, rescheduling a week’s worth of games because your field is a small lake can be extremely difficult. When teams start to play in April or May, the combination of grass and constant rain can be a big problem.
Thankfully, Turf Prep is here to help! Our synthetic turf can be used for various reasons, but one of the most popular is for athletic fields. This is especially true for the sports that occur during the rainy season.
While a synthetic turf can remove the rescheduling burden, you’ll also save on your yearly maintenance costs to keep your fields in good condition. Without synthetic turf, the price of products to keep your field dry and protected can add up. A synthetic field will also reduce any concerns of maintenance when it comes to back-to-back games on the same field. There’s no need to drag the field or build back up the pitcher’s mound with a synthetic turf field.
To learn more about installing synthetic turf at your field or facility, contact Turf Prep! We are happy to answer any questions you may have about our product or the process itself. We can be reached by calling 1-877-774-TURF or by filling out our online contact form.
Posted on November 10, 2016
While we haven’t seen any snow yet, New England is known for having unpredictable weather! So, while we might be having sunny days now, that doesn’t mean we won’t be hit with a snowstorm tomorrow. With the snow season approaching, synthetic turf owners are going to need to remove snow from their fields to continue to use them. Here are some things to consider when it comes time to remove snow from your turf.
- Call your turf installer to make sure that when you remove the snow, it won’t affect the warranty. You can also see if they’ll suggest the best method for you.
- Be mindful that when you begin to remove the snow, there is a chance that you could damage your turf if you don’t know the proper technique.
- Check your drains for debris to ensure the melted snow and ice can make its way from the turf through them.
- Use a powered snow blower on a small tractor as you begin removing snow. You’ll want to make sure it has snow tires as well.
- Whenever you use any kind of mechanical device for snow removal, it’s important to make sure it’s set correctly so you avoid ripping up the field.
The best way to ensure you properly remove snow from your synthetic turf is to hire a professional. Turf Prep is happy to offer their snow removal services to turf fields, yards, etc. throughout New England. If you’d like to learn more about our turf snow removal services, contact us today! We can be reached by filling out our online contact form or by calling 1-877-774-TURF.
Posted on September 7, 2016
For New England pet facility owners that are looking to increase their clients and improve operations, look no further than Turf Prep. Installing synthetic grass for your commercial pet area will not only increase your appeal as a business, but there are tons of benefits that pet parents are all for!
- When installing synthetic grass, we guarantee that you won’t have to replace it for years to come. This is great for city officials who are looking to get the most out of their budget when building a public dog park.
- For residents that live in an apartment complex with their 4 legged furry friend, there’s nothing better than having an area for your dog to run free in. Keep your occupants happy with pet-friendly turf. In the end, you’ll decrease on your maintenance costs when dogs aren’t tracking their dirty paws throughout the apartments.
- Heading into the office isn’t so bad when your favorite furry friend punch in and out with you! More and more, businesses are providing a dog friendly area where your dog can do their business and stretch their legs! The best thing about these areas? They offer a pest-free environment so there’s no need to worry about fleas, ticks, etc. making their way back into the office.
- If you’ve ever kept your dog at a doggy daycare or boarding facility, you know the smell can really take over. Install synthetic grass to ensure that your nose can’t tell if a dog took care of business or not. You’ll also be able to enjoy your green grass all year long with less brown spots.
Like most businesses, commercial pet facilities have needs, which is why the team at Turf Prep will work with you to match your custom requests. For more information on installing and maintaining synthetic grass for your commercial pet area, contact us today! Turf Prep can be reached by calling 1-877-774-TURF or by filling out our online contact form.
Posted on July 6, 2016
The Turf Prep team was recently at Andover High School for a renovation of their football field. View photos of the project below!